Career opportunities - Post-Doctoral Fellow
|Position Title:||Post-Doctoral Fellow|
|Work Location:||McGill University and Génome Québec Innovation Centre (McGill University)
|Salary:||$35,000 to $40,000/annum|
|Posted date:||February 10th, 2016|
|Closing date:||Applications will be considered until the position is filled|
|Submit application:||Dr. Hamed Najafabadi|
The Computational and Statistical Genomics (CSG) lab at McGill is recruiting Postdoctoral fellows who are interested in developing and applying state-of-the-art computational methods for solving various problems related to functional genomics and regulation of gene expression. We offer an interdisciplinary research environment with exciting challenges at the forefront of genomics research, and excellent opportunities for collaboration with experimental and computational researchers. Successful applicants should have a PhD in computer science, bioinformatics or related areas, and have extensive experience in applying computational methods to solving biological problems and analysis of large-scale genomics data. Interested applicants should send a CV, a statement of research interests, and the contact information of at least three references to Dr. Hamed Najafabadi. For more information, visit https://csglab.wordpress.com
Major duties and responsibilities
- Conduct research on one or more of the main topics pursued by the CSG lab
- Communicate research results through high-impact publications, conference presentations, and other venues
- Conceive and develop new projects in line with the main vision of the CSG lab
- Collaborate with other researchers within and outside McGill University and Genome Quebec Innovation Center
Education / Experience
Candidates must hold a PhD in computer science, bioinformatics or related areas.
Other qualifying skills & abilities
- Demonstrated excellence in research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in bioinformatics, biology, or related areas
- Experience in analyzing large-scale genomics data, including ChIP-seq and RNA-seq
- Advanced knowledge of at least one computer programming language relevant to bioinformatics research
- Experience with analytic tools such as R or Matlab
- Familiarity with methods in machine learning and statistical inference
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member in a multi-disciplinary environment
For additional information related to the application as a post-doctoral fellow at McGill University, please refer to: http://www.mcgill.ca/gps/postdocs/fellows. A postdoctoral trainee cannot register (or remain registered) with McGill’s Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies if 5 or more years have elapsed since the PhD or MD degree.
Salary is from $35,000 to $40,000/annum (35-hour workweek), and will be commensurate with experience. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should email their CV, a cover letter with the description of their experience, research interests and three references (names and e-mail addresses) to Dr. Hamed Najafabadi
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.